Amity Middle School Orange Book Blog

Read reviews by an avid young adult book enthusiast.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Am Scout

Since one of my all time favorite books is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, I was very excited to read this biography of Harper Lee designed for young adults.

The reclusive Miss Lee has rarely appeared in public or given interviews. Her landmark novel is the only book she has ever written. So I really wanted to read about her.

I was very interested in her early years as I believe the character of Scout was really autobiographical in nature. When you hear her friends from her childhood describe the fights that she got into to protect others, you can really see what a true tomboy she was. Her relationship with Truman Capote (another author) is clearly the type of friendship she writes about in To Kill a Mockingbird about her friend Dill.

Fans of To Kill a Mockingbird will really enjoy this biography!

No comments:

Post a Comment