Amity Middle School Orange Book Blog

Read reviews by an avid young adult book enthusiast.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Rivalry: Mystery at the Army-Navy Game

I love watching football so I was looking forward to reading this mystery written by John Feinstein, author of The Final Four.
I learned a lot about the traditions and training for each of the service academy teams which held quite a bit of interest for me personally.
I liked how the author created two budding student writers, Stevie Thomas and Susan Anderson to scoop the behind-the-scenes action.
What a didn't care for was the way in which the plot was structured such that the "mystery" wasn't revealed until about page 225.
True football fans probably won't be bothered by this lack of plot development, but I surely was.


No comments:

Post a Comment